Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday

I didn't plan on going to the after Thanksgivings sales, but then I woke up 3:00am, thinking "what am I going to do now?". Then it hit me, I can shop! Woo Hoo! There is one day a year that is made for insomniacs!!!!

I figured I'd better make some plans...think about who to Christmas shop for, and then check out the sale ads before I left. As I sat here looking through the Kohl's ads, I thought about the name, 'Black Friday', and it hit me why it was called that. It's pitch black outside!!! Isn't it amazing how well you can think in the middle of the night, or what can pop into your head out of nowhere??! I'd never thought about that before. Geez...and I've been hard on my brain! I've got a super brain! OK, maybe not super, but at least it's got some thoughts! Sometimes, it doesn't seem like it. :-)

You may think it's no big deal to come to some little realization like why 'Black Friday' is called 'Black Friday'; but in my world anytime it feels like my brain is clicking, it's a big thing.  Fibromyalgia affects your memory and focus, and the constant fatigue from not enough sleep makes it worse. I struggle with what's called 'fibro fog'. Because of that, it's easy to get excited over what might seem small or silly to some. When I feel like my brain works on all, or at least more, cylinders it makes me happy...especially when it's at 3:00 or 4:00 in the morning! It's the start of a good day!

Enough chit chat...it's time to guzzle the rest of my coffee and head to Kohls!

Hope you have a great Black Friday (even if it's no longer black out when you wake up :-)!
Peggy

No comments:

Post a Comment