Tuesday, December 4, 2012


Bring Hostess Back!

My head felt as cloudy as the sky. It was my day to watch the grandkids though, so I couldn't hide. Much coffee would be needed to clear this mind. After consuming more than half-a-pot, I got into my car. I then saw the gas tank was almost empty, just like me. Now on the drive to the grandkids, I'd need to make a stop. Maybe I'd also get a bite to eat...a little something, something to make my energy pop.

After filling the car's tank, I checked the rations at the station, looking for a Hostess snack to fill my unique nutritional needs. When I saw what was available though, my heart sank. I needed food with substance...candy would not do. As I stood in front of half-empty shelves though, and remembered the Hostess situation, I began to feel blue.

I saw lots of chips and nuts, and Little Debbie cakes. There were also off-brands I'd never seen before in my Hostess product's space. I was at a loss as to what to buy. I needed a Ding Dong...other snack cakes I was not ready to try! Just one step away from being called plastic, you can't beat the inside of a Ho Ho to fill your need. And if plastic can hold up for years in a land fill, just think how long a Twinkie would stay in my belly and then how happy I'd be.

What was that union thinking when having Hostess workers go on strike, ultimately taking from us elements that could make you feel so right! I walked out of that gas station buying not a thing. I knew only a Hostess snack cake could fix me and get me through till night. None could supplement my physical and mental needs...at least not the way a Ding Dong, Ho Ho or Twinkie might! I need Hostess snack cakes, so someone be a good elf. Invest the money needed to mass produce their recipe and get them back on the shelf.

OK...life really isn't that bad even without Hostess snack cakes; and even when with the grandkids, my own energy will do. But why suffer without if someone can make this world a better place and fill my Hostess need. Plus, you know the old saying, "why settle for less, when we can have more?!" Of course that kind of thinking could be why I have a weight problem and sugar coming out my pores! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment