Sunday, December 9, 2012

Thank you, Jesus

I helped with communion at church today. Because of all Jesus has given to us, most importantly his life, it was an honor to serve in this remembrance of him. It reminded me of how blessed I truly am.

Thank you, Jesus, for the blood you shed on the cross so that I and other believers could live, and for the blessing I received today in this opportunity to serve and remember you. 

It doesn't have to be just communion when I show my remembrance and thanks to Jesus. I believe the biggest thank you I can give is through my every day actions. I can be a blessing to God, and others, by daily living my life for the Lord.

Tomorrow, I watch my grandkids. I pray I'll be a good example to them...the kind of example that the Lord would want me to be. It's near Christmas, and I don't want my little loved ones to grow up only knowing Santa Claus and what he gives one time a year. I want them to know Jesus, and the gift he's already given us, and how he will bless us daily if we allow him into our heart.

Lord, help me live my life in a way that when others are around, it is not me that they see, but you in me. Help me to also share about you, and remind others that Christmas isn't about Santa Claus and things we will get, but a celebration of your son, Jesus Christ's birth. Amen.

1 comment: