Sunday, January 27, 2013

25 Pounds


I made a goal to lose 25 pounds by the end of March. I don't have a lot of faith in myself when it comes to goals. It seems like I've failed too many times, especially in this area. Because of that, I find it  difficult to believe in myself now; but, I'll never accomplish this, or any other, goal if I don't keep trying. Losing 25 pounds is important for my health and happiness, so it's a goal that is worth pursuing, even at the high risk of it being another failure. In truth, I need to lose much more than 25 pounds, but I don't want to overwhelm myself. I tried to set a reasonable goal to be accomplished in a reasonable amount of time. We'll see how it goes. :-)

Ok...I first weighed in on January 24th. Now I'm going to weigh in on Mondays to get my weight loss for the week. This first Monday (January 28th), it won't be a full week, but that's OK. I'm still hoping I'll have lost something, though 2 out of those 4 days I didn't do as well as I'd like. :-( Starting with my weigh-in tomorrow, on each Monday (or the day after if I'm not able to write that Monday), I'm going to share my loss or gain on this blog as a way to be responsible.

For me to lose, I need to exercise. My metabolism has slowed down too much in recent years to try and lose weight without that. I'm not a young chicken anymore. :-) So an additional goal I made is to walk 50,000+ steps per week. It's recommended that you walk 10,000 steps per day, so I'm giving myself a break with the 50,000+. But because I watch my grandkids out-of-town two days a week, I'm trying to be fair to myself. It's hard to get exercise in those days, though if I do, it'll be a bonus. :-)

If you have fibromyaliga, you already know that exercise can be difficult because of the pain, stiffness and fatigue. Because of that, I need God's help in accomplishing these goals. I ask now that the Lord to help me; and if you're struggling in some way, I ask the Lord to help you as well. With that said, I guess it's time to do a little exercise. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment