Monday, January 7, 2013

Can't Sleep

It's after 1am and I can't sleep. The fibro pain is bad. I tossed and turned in bed for 3 hours. Now I'm in a recliner in the family room eating an apple...hoping that resting here will help in some way. Maybe being in a new position will lessen the pain on those pressure points; plus, sometimes it's just good to get out of bed. It's very frustrating to lie there for so long when I'm fighting sleep. I normally avoid pain meds and just try to deal with the body aches because of the affect drugs can have on my kidneys, but I broke down and took two. I'll be watching the grandkids again tomorrow so need some relief so I can hopefully get a few hours of rest.

I thought since I wasn't able to doze off yet I'd blog, but I'm not sure what to write about. I'm really tired and not much seems to be happening in my brain. You'd think that when your body isn't able to sleep that your brain would be awake too, but that's not the case...at least not with me. Maybe if I sit here long enough, or continue to babble about nothing, some invaluable thought will enter my brain that I can share. So far nothing though....

I can tell I'm tired. I was just remembering when I was a kid in Texas and chased armadillos for fun. Never did catch one of them. You wouldn't think they'd be that fast but they can really move for a little armored rat. Not like the road runner though. I'd see those while at school in New Mexico. I was supposed to be listening to the teacher, but a lot of the time I'd be looking out the classroom window. Sometimes I'd see one of those little road runners racing by in the sand (no coyote chasing after them though). :-) I'd smile each time I saw one and be amazed at their speed. I've always loved all kinds of creatures. One of my favorite things in New Mexico was hearing the hyenas at night. We'd be sitting out on the porch and it would sound like they were laughing. Illinois is so different from the places I lived as a kid. I miss the southwest.

The meds are helping. The pain is less, but I still don't feel like I can sleep. I'm going to quit trying to blog though since I'm doubtful that much will pop into my head, other than random thoughts that travel from one rabbit trail to the next without making a whole lot of sense. :-) Hope you're sleeping well!

No comments:

Post a Comment